DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
- Who are we?
The Jesus Old Members’ Group (XL Network), [JOMG XL], represented by its Committee, is the data controller. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
- How do we process your personal data?
JOMG XL complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure; and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To inform you of the social activities that we are undertaking as a Group and to organise those activities;
- To inform other members of your membership if you have indicated that you are happy for us so to do;
- To administer membership records.
- What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Our legal basis is:
- Explicit consent from you, the data subject, so that we can keep you informed about our activities.
- Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body provided:
- the processing relates only to members; and
- there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will require your specific consent before it is shared with each of these parties:
- other members of the Group in the Membership Directory;
- Jesus College, Oxford in an exchange of address and contact numbers to ensure consistency of data between the two parties.
The JOMG XL Committee has determined that the Group will not share personal data (i.e. issue or receive such data) with any third party otherwise (except for data that must necessarily be exchanged with third parties when attending an event, such as mobility or dietary requirements).
During Group activities photographs may be taken that are subsequently used in communications to members and other interested parties, and on the Group’s website. It will be assumed that members and their guests have given consent for this unless the Group is explicitly informed otherwise.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data only when you are a member of the Group. Your data will be deleted if you inform us that you no longer wish to be a member.
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which JOMG XL holds about you;
- The right to request that JOMG XL corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for JOMG XL to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provides you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data, except where that processing is to meet legal obligations;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
- Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, please in the first instance contact the Secretary of JOMG XL via the Contact Form on the JOMG XL website, www.jomg.org.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.