INTRODUCTION TO DATA PROTECTION
In order to enable the Group to arrange social activities, and to inform members on an individual basis of those activities and of other matters of relevance to the Group, a small amount of personal data must be held by the Group. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires that the Group manages all the personal data it holds. The Group has produced a set of procedures to ensure that the data it holds is properly managed. The main procedures in force are:
- The publishing of a Data Privacy Notice that provides information on our use of personal data and your rights regarding that data;
- A policy for meeting the GDPR; members can apply to the Secretary through the Contact Form if they wish to obtain a copy of the policy;
- A Requirement on members using personal data that should be read by any member of the Group who is required to use personal data on behalf of the Group, in particular when organizing an event for the Group;
- A set of processes for managing the data; members can apply to the Secretary through the Contact Form if they wish to obtain a copy of those processes;
- A process for managing a data breach; members can apply to the Secretary through the Contact Form if they wish to obtain a copy of the process.
Should you have any concerns about the Group’s use of data, please use the Contact Form to raise those concerns with the Group’s Data Protection Officer (DPO).